Since the little sponges that come with face powders tend to disintegrate before your powder, this makes an exceptionally good idea. A gently, soft powder puff.
It also makes a great stocking filler (the festive season is just around the corner), match it up with a cute, really easy drawstring bag sewing pattern, to make a really functional gift for the women, and little princesses in your life. Or just as a general pamper gift for someone in your life.
What you will need
10cm / 4” square of fabric 10cm / 4” square of faux / teddy bear fur 10cm / 4” square of hard iron on interfacing 10cm / 4” length of ribbon for the back
- On the non-glue side of your interfacing, mark out a circle of 10cm / 4” length across and cut out. Mark an inner circle of 1cm / 3/8”, this will be your seam line
- With the glue side of your interfacing against the wrong side of your fabric, use your interfacing to cut out your fabric, attach together by using a hot iron, or basting along the edges.
- Across the middle of the back of your fabric circle, place your length of ribbon. Baste the edges into place and trim away excess ribbon
- Use your fabric circle, to measure out and cut your faux fur. Wrong sides facing, joining the sections together sewing along your marked seam allowance. Leave a gap of around 2.5cm / 1” to allow you to be able to turn your powder puff right way out.
- Turn your powder puff right way out, and use an invisible hand stitch to sew the opening closed. Press for neatness.
Your new powder puff is ready to use